Part-Time Coordinator/Support Worker
Part time Coordinator/Support Worker
The Wellington Women’s Health Collective is committed to actively creating a healthier society by empowering and supporting women to make informed choices about their physical, mental and emotional health.
The Coordinator/Support Worker receives all initial contacts with the Health Collective and welcomes women into the service. She is responsible for answering queries and doing her best to ensure client needs are met, by either our service or other providers. The Coordinator also manages the day to day operations of both the Support and Counselling Service.
This job-share position is 15.25 hours a week, to be worked Wednesday-Friday at $25.50/hour. Another 2 hours weekly will be paid for meetings and supervision requirements.
Our ideal candidate will:
• have excellent listening, collaboration and communication skills
• possess a deep understanding of women’s lives and an open, non-judgemental approach in working with women of all ages and varying cultural backgrounds
• have experience working in the community and a knowledge of the local sector
• have experience working with people with mild-to-moderate mental health conditions
• be prepared to work with clients who hold a range of values and beliefs
• have the ability to work well in a team, and within a Collective structure
• be a woman with a broad understanding of feminism
• have a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
• possess good computer and administration skills
• have a respect for due process, and a responsible attitude to running a service funded by public grants and donations.
478 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here