Full-Time Conservation Manager
Our dream is to ignite a Zoo revolution. Wellington Zoo is a team of powerfully passionate individuals who are champions for the welfare of all animals – within and beyond the boundaries of the Zoo. We are supported by a community that actively takes part in our commitment to caring for and saving species locally, nationally and globally.
We are guided by the ethos Me Tiaki, Kia Ora! We must look after our environment, so all things will flourish. It is up to us collectively to make a difference for animals and the wild places they call home.
Wellington Zoo is committed to saving animals in the wild. At the heart of this commitment is the conservation that permeates everything we do, both at the Zoo and for the programmes we support around the world. We are looking for a passionate, motivated Conservation Manager to ensure our Zoo continues to build its reputation and capability in conservation.
As this role is primarily about engaging others, the successful candidate will need to have excellent relationship management skills and a proven ability to influence others to follow your vision. We are looking for someone:
– With a strong green furry heart;
– Who can ensure that the Zoo’s conservation work punches above its weight
– That can ensure Wellington Zoo is a voice to be heard for conservation and the
conservation work and value of Zoos
– With a practical understanding of conservation both locally and globally;
– With experience in delivering conservation programmes;
– With an understanding of the role of conservation in progressive zoos;
– With a commitment to save animals in the wild;
– And a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience.
Applications close end of business 23 September 2018.
How to Apply
For more information on this vacancy and how to apply please visit https://wellingtonzoo.com/careers/vacancies/
380 total views, 7 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here