Full-Time Community Ministries Manager
• Lead the delivery of high quality social services
• Genuine opportunity to make a difference
• Based in Newtown
The Salvation Army Wellington Community Ministries provide invaluable services to a wide range of people across Wellington city. Services include emergency and transitional housing, welfare and community finance services, counselling, a drop in centre and senior services, as well as access to spiritual support.
The Community Ministries Manager oversees the effective delivery of these key services with accountabilities including staff and volunteer recruitment, leadership and mentorship, stakeholder engagement, both internally and with a wide range of external agencies.
This is a key leadership role in the Worship and Community Centre, a large new complex in Newtown, where a range of services have been brought together under one roof to provide greater integration of social and spiritual support and holistic service.
This is a highly rewarding opportunity where you will work with a welcoming, committed and passionate team to deliver services designed to transform lives.
• A background in the provision and management of social services
• Sound working knowledge of service delivery best practice and quality improvement processes
• Strong leadership capabilities with proven staff management experience
• A collaborative approach with the ability to get alongside and support staff
• Very highly developed written and oral communication skills
• Strong relationship building and networking capabilities at all levels
• Innovative and inquisitive with the ability to seek out and develop new opportunities
• A big picture thinker with the ability to translate strategy into successful operational initiatives
• A strong commitment to social justice and equality
• A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
How to Apply
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 23 September 2018
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
276 total views, 7 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here