Full-Time Community Engagement/Health Promoter
• Health promotion to improve mental health and wellbeing
• Make a positive difference to people’s lives
• Build and maintain relationships with schools, kura, communities, marae, alongside the Health Promotion team
• Work towards equity so all people in Aotearoa have the same opportunities to flourish
Are you looking for a health promotion role that will allow you to make a real difference? Do you have the skills and drive to change lives? Join the Mental Health Foundation and use your skills, community connections, knowledge and creative flair to help us create a better New Zealand.
The Mental Health Foundation of New Zealand is New Zealand’s only national mental health charity. We work to ensure everyone has the support, resources and behaviours to allow them to feel good, function well and sustain their mental health.
We have an amazing challenge for you: use your health promotion and programme design and delivery skills and expertise to improve mental health and wellbeing across a range of settings in Aotearoa New Zealand.
You will have:
• Experience working with Māori communities
• Knowledge and respect for te reo me ngā tikanga Māori.
• Experience developing and implementing public health promotion and/or community engagement programmes and projects
• Project and budget management experience
• Hard working and determined to get things completed
• Fantastic relationship management and engagement skills
• Experience designing, facilitating and presenting training and workshops
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Experience working in a kaupapa Māori environment is strongly preferred.
If this sounds like your dream role, we’d love to hear from you.
This role sits within the Mental Health Foundation’s Community Engagement and Health Promotion team and reports to the Community Engagement and Health Promotion manager.
The salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s skills and experience for the role.
The Mental Health Foundation actively promotes the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We value the expertise of people with experience of mental illness – tangata whai ora – and we are an EEO employer.
Apply online here: https://mentalhealthnz.wufoo.com/forms/x1fepi3t1o9cxhq/
Please do not apply through SEEK for this role.
Closing date for applications is: 5pm Tuesday 1st of October.
1520 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here