Part-Time COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WORKER – MASCULINITIES
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WORKER – MASCULINITIES
PART TIME (20 HOURS) FIXED-TERM (6 MONTHS)
Shama, Ethnic Women’s Trust is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic Community Development Worker – Masculinities (CDWM) to be responsible for the national development and networking of existing ethnic men’s networks and existing healthy masculinity work in Aotearoa New Zealand, and healthy masculinity conversations for Shama.
The CDWM will work alongside other violence prevention practitioners in Shama, and other community development workers to initiate and develop networks with men. Existing networks may include violence prevention networks, as well as groups for ethnic men to connect around belonging (eg Islamic Men’s groups); social connections (eg ethnic men’s sport); political organizing (eg campaigns around ethnic worker’s rights) or any other network.
As this role is about developing this space, the CDWM must have good project management skills and excellent ability to develop and communicate a vision for healthy masculinity. This will require practiced community development skills, a strong understanding of what healthy ethnic masculinities can encompass and the ability to listen, network, analyse, challenge and produce healthy conversation for and with ethnic men.
The key skills required for this role are:
- Understanding the experience of ethnic people from a range of backgrounds living in New Zealand
- High standard of verbal and written communications ability, including the ability to present information to groups of people
- A strong analysis of gendered violence and a clear understanding of the ways that this might present in ethnic communities
- A strong self awareness and commitment to gender equality, including in communication styles
- Experience using multiple communications tools, including social media channels, Zoom and email.
- Ability to speak 1 or 2 ethnic languages will be an advantage
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Full NZ drivers Licence
- Clean NZ Police checks
If you feel you fulfil the above requirements please email your covering letter and CV to [email protected] A Job description is also available for this role.
For any queries, please call (07) 843 3811. Applications close Friday, 28 January at 5pm.
320 total views, 2 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here