Contract Community Development Advisor – Youth Employment
Full-time | Fixed Term (18 months)
Do you want to make a difference in young people’s lives and be part of an exciting project in Upper Hutt?
Upper Hutt City Council is looking for someone who is passionate about Upper Hutt and supporting young people to be actively engaged in employment, and contributing positively to the community.
* Want to support young people in Upper Hutt to be safe, strong and independent?
* Have extensive knowledge and experience in the youth development sector
* Know how to engage with and inspire young people
* Know how to have successful, quality relationships with young people
You will develop and facilitate programmes, workshops and events that will develop young people’s strengths and assist them to overcome barriers, with the aim of enhancing young people’s long term economic independence and wellbeing.
To be successful in the role you will need to have:
* A passion for working within the Upper Hutt Community
* Strong relationship management skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate appropriately with a diverse range of stakeholders to meet clear outcomes
* Extensive knowledge and experience in the area of youth development and best practice principles
* The ability to work autonomously with a high level of initiative
* Excellent organisational skills and project management skills
* Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills, with an ability to convey concepts or information with clarity and accuracy
* Empathy and an understanding of young people and a strong desire to achieve positive outcomes for young people
If you would like to be considered for this role then please apply online: https://www.upperhuttcity.com/Your-Council/Work-for-us . All applications must include a cover letter, CV and a completed online Upper Hutt City Council application form
Applications close: Sunday 15th December 2019 at 4pm.
All applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand and hold a current work visa for at least 18 months.
699 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here