Part-Time Communications and Marketing Executive
This role would suit an excellent marcomms all rounder with great copywriting skills. It is a fun and varied role within a great small team. You’ll have responsibility for developing a range of content for use across a number of platforms, including social, web and print, to help us raise our profile and engage in meaningful ways with our key audiences.
The role is part time, 20 hours a week, our office is in central Wellington.
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Executive
Organisational Relationships: Executive Director
Chief Philanthropic Officer (Borrin)
Reports to: Executive Director
Date: 10 January 2021
Size: 20 hours per week
Established in 1991, Nikau Foundation is part of a network of 17 community foundations in Aotearoa New Zealand. Across the region, we are dedicated to improving life for the people and places that we care about most. Our mission is to work together to create positive social change, build strong communities, foster civic leadership, and promote philanthropy across the Wellington region.
Over the next two years, our aim is to increase impact for our communities by raising our profile, and encouraging more community-led philanthropy. This role will be pivotal in growing our reach through high quality engagement and communications with our varied network of stakeholders.
Nikau Foundation is also the corporate trustee for the Borrin Foundation and the Jan and Roy Mace Trust. The Borrin Foundation believes that law is essential to a flourishing society – one that is just, inclusive, tolerant and free. They are here to make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders, through the law and do this by supporting legal research, education and scholarship through effective philanthropy.
The purpose of this role is to lead Nikau’s evolving marketing and communications both internally and externally.
The role is responsible for the communications and marketing functions – our aim is to increase our profile and build meaningful relationship with our stakeholders through targeted and relevant communications.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
• Develop the marketing and communications strategy and subsequent work streams
Copywriting and content production (30%)
• Identify and collect relevant and engaging content for use across key channels (web, social, print)
• Interview donors, grant recipients and supporters and write their stories to demonstrate impact.
Website and Social Media (15%)
• Maintain website content
• Update social media
• Build audiences across different channels
Publications and Collateral (20%)
• Project manage and deliver the Annual Report, newsletters and enewsletters
• Using Indesign, develop collateral such as leaflets and brochures
• Regular liaison with external printers and other providers
• Support fundraising efforts through creation of bespoke and tailored comms
• Ensure copyright compliance on all materials
• Build strong relationships with all forms of media to raise brand awareness and identify opportunities
• Prepare new articles and op-eds for publications
• Promote the grant recipient stories to key stakeholders
• Manage PR and communications risks
• Organise media training
• Ensure consistency of communications by being a brand ambassador
Database Administration (5%)
• Complete relevant database administrative tasks as appropriate
• Assist with event management functions
• Promote events to local media and stakeholders
• Secure photographs and interviews for future publicity materials
Skills & Attributes:
• Excellent copy writing abilities
• Sound computer literacy, website and social media skills – specifically experience in Microsoft Office Suite (including Powerpoint), Design software such as InDesign or Canva
• Good understanding of social media channels including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
• Ability to meet deadlines
• A team player who works co-operatively with others
• Embraces collaboration
• Journalism, PR or communications qualifications would be ideal
Key Performance Indicators:
• Delivers all projects on time and to a high standard
• Produces a breadth of content to appeal to a wide range of audiences
• Website and social media sites are well-maintained and updated
• Positive feedback from team members
• Development and maintenance of collateral
• Databases are up-to-date
• Develops strong relationships internally and externally
• Raises the profile of both of the Foundations
How to Apply
You can email us with your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
448 total views, 17 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here