Part-Time Communications and Fundraiser
– The variety and scope of this role will keep you stimulated
– Join a small close knit, inclusive, supportive and friendly team
– Permanent part time role, work from home + allowance + flexible hours
Established in 1967, the Multiple Sclerosis Society of New Zealand (MSNZ) is a non-profit organisation formed to advocate for systemic change, so people with MS in New Zealand have access to first world treatment, resources and services to improve their well-being and quality of life. The work of MSNZ aims to reduce the burden of MS on those diagnosed, their carers and families.
MSNZ provides information, educational resources and training to 18 independent Regional Societies across NZ supporting people living with MS in their communities.
Reporting to the Manager & Lead Community Advisor, you will support the successful coordination of Wellington MS Society’s fundraising and communications work. You will be responsible for developing and implementing communications and fundraising strategies, increasing public engagement and raising awareness of Multiple Sclerosis, preparing grant applications and prospecting, maintaining members and donors database and coordinating fundraising events.
To be considered for this role, you will have a good understanding of both communications and fundraising principles, understanding for the not for profit environment and the challenges of working with a committee and volunteers. You will be well known for being a self-starter, highly organised with strong time management skills, attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively and deliver successful outcomes.
The variety and breadth of this role will keep you engaged and stimulated. You will enjoy working within a small close knit, supportive and friendly team environment as well as enjoy the flexibility and autonomy to manage your own schedule and workload, and work from the comforts of your very own home!
This is permanent part time role, ideally based anywhere in the Wellington region (Kapiti, Wairarapa, Wellington). Hours are 15 hours per week. Flexible hours configuration and a monthly allowance will be offered to cover office costs for the right candidate. Travel will be required from time to time.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take ownership of your role and make your mark!
– Demonstrated working experience within communications, marketing and/or fundraising
– Strong experience in grant applications
– Proven experience delivering successful events and fundraising campaigns
– Ability to establish effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including editing and proof-reading
– An innovative thinker and creative problem-solving skills
– Well organised, proactive with good attention to detail
– Excellent work ethic, trustworthy and responsible
– A strong customer service ethos
– Ability to work autonomously and independently with minimal supervision
– IT savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Outlook and SharePoint
– Experience with social media and website platforms (Facebook and WordPress)
– Volunteer coordination experience is advantageous
Applications close: 5pm, Tuesday 14 July 2020
Applications to: Ngan Nguyen via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
E: [email protected]
624 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here