Full-Time Communications Advisor – Community Engagement
- Engagement specialist
- Being innovative and creative
- Grow your people skills
Businesses talk about Culture – We live it.
Are you a people person? Do you know how to engage with the community in fresh creative ways to ensure they are aware of all the things we as local government do?
We are currently looking for a Communications Advisor to join our team and help shape the future of our region. You will be well-supported by a team that prides itself on creating the best communications, in an inclusive workspace, that embraces innovation and creativity, so bring your passion and leading-edge ideas to Gisborne District Council.
Here at Gisborne District Council, we pull our values from the community we serve. It makes sense then that we are enthusiastic about culture in our workplace. Family and inclusivity are deep seated in our culture. We work hard together to make our people proud, and our whanau are why we are so passionate about what we do for the community here at Gisborne District Council.
A bit about you: you’re creative, a natural communicator with a keen interest in communications. You enjoy engaging with the public, writing and telling stories as well as the constant advancements of web and social media. As a people person, you enjoy helping others and working in a team.
Your day will look like: Variety! You’ll play an important role in communicating our most important issues across multiple platforms while working hand-in-hand with teams from across the organisation ensuring our information is easy for our people to understand and engage with.
What we offer:
- Full time permanent role because we know that job stability is important.
- Flexibility to work on a range of different projects and tasks, no day will be the same and we encourage you to get stuck in to developing fresh, innovative ways to engage with the community.
- Career progression, training and development to continue your learning and inspire those that come after you.
- Ability to balance your hours around your family and other commitments.
Who we are:
Gisborne District Council is the local government, both district and regional authority for Tairawhiti, New Zealand. We are the proud winners of the 2019 LGNZ Excellence Awards, for our work to grow and promote the well-being of our community and people. With more and more people choosing Tairāwhiti for its lifestyle, environment and culture, it’s an exciting time to be joining our thriving and diverse region. At Gisborne District Council, we see you as more than a cog in the wheel; you are a valued voice for your whanau and community.
- Bring your whole self to work: we celebrate this and all it means.
- Represent our diverse community and be the guardian of our rich heritage.
- Have a hand in our legacy for Tairāwhiti’s Tāngata and lead the region now and into the future.
So, what are you waiting for? Gisborne District Council is the place to make change, so be part of shaping our future today! Will you join us?
Applications close: Monday, 4th July 2022 – 10am
For further information please contact Melanie Thornton.
Please visit us on https://www.gdc.govt.nz/council/careers/current-vacancies to apply!
199 total views, 6 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here