Full-Time Clinical and Workforce Development Manager
- Pivotal member of the senior management team and 2ic to Director
- Ensure best clinical practice across AoD treatment services in Auckland
- Based in Mount Eden
The Salvation Army Bridge Services in Auckland exists to provide safe, integrated, high quality treatment and support services to people whose lives have been affected by alcohol or substance use. They provide residential and day services across three centres (Mount Eden, Manukau, and Waitakere). These services are known and recognised for being person-centred, caring, transformative and responsive.
In addition, they operate three other services – namely, a residential respite centre in Manurewa in partnership with another NGO (Ember), Participation within the Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Court in central and west Auckland in partnership with Odyssey House and Higher Ground, and more recently a treatment readiness service in the Lima Unit at Mount Eden Correctional facility.
As a key member of the senior management team, the Clinical and Workforce Development Manager is responsible for the development and delivery of all aspects of the professional clinical services delivered, including clinical workforce development of all staff, ensuring that education and training is planned and achieved through workforce development planning.
You’ll lead the development, implementation and annual review and planning of workforce development and strategy that ensures staff have training opportunities that develop and improve cultural and clinical competencies and capabilities.
As 2ic, you’ll play a leading role in working closely with the Director and other senior staff to ensure that the services reflect the philosophy and policy of The Salvation Army Bridge.
You’ll have an open and consultative leadership style and will provide line management and leadership to the Clinical Team Leaders (x4) that is easily accessibly and visible. You’ll provide training, performance development, clinical leadership and direction that will include operational clinical decision making.
This position is based at Mount Eden and car parking is provided on-site. Travel between the three sites will be expected, and a pool car is provided.
The Salvation Army values diversity and equity and warmly welcomes applications from our Māori, Pacific and LGBTQI+ communities.
- Strong clinical knowledge and experience, with the ability to make sound clinical decisions
- Current registration of a professional body that meets the requirements of the HPCA Act
- Experience in workforce planning and development within a health setting
- Experience managing a team with proven ability to lead and inspire others
- Relevant experience in working within the addictions field is preferred
- Strong cultural awareness
- Resilient when faced with challenging situations
- A passion for providing and delivering a high level of customer service
- The ability to problem solve, use initiative and display sound judgement
- Very highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building capabilities, both internally and externally to the organisation
- Holds a full driver’s licence
- Understanding of, respect for, and the ability to work within The Salvation Army’s mission, principles, and Christian ethos
As the service operates 24/7, there is the requirement for the Clinical and Workforce Development Manager to be on-call, currently one week in five.
340 total views, 4 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here