Full-Time Chief Marketing Officer
Chief Marketing Officer
- Build a global conservation tech brand, right here in NZ
- Join a design led, marketing focused business
- Be a part of the senior leadership team
A bit about us
At Goodnature our vision is a natural environment in which species survive, thrive, and flourish, free from the threat and destruction of introduced pests. We are committed to providing pragmatic solutions to one of the world’s most serious environmental problems – biodiversity decline.
We’re also moving towards BCorp certification, and take pride in the fact that we always prioritise people and planet alongside our growth ambitions. We’ve grown by 3X in the past few years and over 80% of our sales now sit outside New Zealand, but the most exciting chapters are still to come.
Goodnature is growing and evolving; as such we’ve moved from being a founder-led business to a business under the guidance of a professional, passionate CEO and backed by a strong executive leadership team. With exciting ‘hardware meets tech solutions’, an incredible innovation pipeline, clear strategy, and tailwinds in global conservation, we’re only just getting started… What are you waiting for? Let’s Rewild the World.
A bit about the role
We’re searching for a truly world class Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to drive this future growth and expand Goodnature’s presence globally by building a strong, distinctive and loved brand that adds true value to the world.
This is a true executive level marketing position where you will lead across Brand Strategy, Product Management, Customer Insights, PR, Campaign Planning, and Creative Development/Content Production – to take our brand to a new level.
- drive our digital/D2C strategy and ambitions, ensuring we get even closer with our customers.
- lead the creation of effective and memorable content and campaigns that drive sustainable sales growth.
- create new levels of ‘heat’ for the brand/product through PR and content (amplified by new innovations!)
- work closely with our growth marketing/e-commerce experts to ensure the conversion funnel is as frictionless as possible.
- be a valued member of our Senior Leadership team
This is so much more than a job; it’s understanding our mission, living it every day, and scaling the business in a meaningful way to leave the world in a better place.
You will bring:
- a minimum of 10 years Marketing experience
- at least 3 years experience building and leading a marketing team at scale
- strong expertise in building global consumer brands
- deep experience in omnichannel marketing and brand building (ideally some building a digital native vertical brand, or DNVB).
- experience defining and building a brand function for multiple segments and markets.
- years of leadership experience in growing a high performing global marketing team, including creatives, in a digital environment.
We’d love it if you have experience leading teams of creatives as well as strong global brand leadership experience (ideally combined with startup/scaleup experience).
You will be a big picture, global thinker who is incredibly future focused. You will be flexible enough to work in a fast growing, changing business, whilst applying your creative mind to ensure we are telling effective stories and creating world-class beautiful content.
You are an inspirational leader who can build and lead high performing teams, you know what world-class looks like and are driven to achieve it. You will be able to share ideas, opinions, and constructively challenge thinking at an exec team level whilst building warm engaging relationships across the entire business.
We know that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve problems. We seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences.
We offer a supportive, high trust environment where you will have the room to get things done. Alongside a competitive salary, we offer excellent benefits, including flexible working, health checks, flu vacs, eye care subsidies, extra leave for your work anniversaries (from 3 years) and a raft of discounts at places like Macpac, Bivouac and more.
Take the first step in making a meaningful difference for the world and ‘Apply’ today with your CV and cover letter.
Applications close 26 May 2022. Or if you would like to have a confidential discussion before applying call me, Nicola from Enlighten Talent on 029 770 7936.
**You must be a NZ resident or citizen to apply**
132 total views, 5 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here