Full-Time Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
- Step up to a Senior Leadership position
- Strategy, analysis and planning focus
- Fast growing global conservation tech brand
A bit about us
At Goodnature our vision is a natural environment in which species survive, thrive, and flourish, free from the threat and destruction of introduced pests. We are committed to providing pragmatic solutions to one of the world’s most serious environmental problems – biodiversity decline.
We’re also moving towards BCorp certification, and take pride in the fact that we always prioritise people and planet alongside our growth ambitions. We’ve grown by 3X in the past few years and over 80% of our sales now sit outside New Zealand, but the most exciting chapters are still to come.
Goodnature is growing and evolving; as such we’ve moved from being a founder-led business to a business under the guidance of a professional, passionate CEO and backed by a strong executive leadership team. With exciting ‘hardware meets tech solutions’, an incredible innovation pipeline, clear strategy, and tailwinds in global conservation, we’re only just getting started… What are you waiting for? Let’s Rewild the World.
A bit about the role
We’re searching for an up and coming (soon to be world class) Chief Finance Officer (CFO) to help propel us into this next phase of growth, ensuring we have the financial management systems and processes needed to thrive, and to set-up the right analytics and business intelligence across the business to ensure we are working smarter.
As CFO you will work closely with the CEO and Board in defining Goodnature’s vision and strategy, translating that into a financial strategy and plan, and then executing it.
This is a modern, future focused CFO role more about the ‘what if’s’ of financial analysis and planning, than the ‘has been’s’ of financial reporting. A truly exciting role that sits at the exec table and will grow in responsibility, value, and scope in line with our growth trajectory.
- create and deliver financial and business strategy.
- lead the accounting function including financial planning, budgeting, forecasting & modelling, cash flow management, cost control, risk management.
- build robust models, work hands-on providing analysis, converting data into financial plans and projections that validate and deliver our strategies.
- set up and embed processes to capture business analytics; and select and implement the IT systems to best support them
- implement process improvements to improve efficiency, scalability, and productivity.
- set up P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow in a scalable way, with the right cashflow and capital management disciplines, that are key to unlocking the high-growth potential of Goodnature.
This is so much more than a job; it’s understanding our mission, living it every day, and scaling the business in a meaningful way to leave the world in a better place.
You will bring:
- a minimum of 10 years in Finance/ Business Intelligence functions.
- high level expertise in budgeting, risk management, data analysis, financial forecasting, business intelligence and financial modelling.
- experience in a product-based business and ability to work with margin analysis through distribution
- fantastic financial forecasting and modelling skills to support you in formulating and validating assumptions about data
- bonus points for hands on experience working in a startup or scale-up business
Perhaps you are at a big 4 or large accounting firm, or already working in a product-based business and are eager to make meaningful impact on a global stage. This is so much more than a job; it’s understanding our mission, living it every day, and scaling the business in a meaningful way to leave the world in a better place.
You will be a future focused finance professional with strong analytic capability and strategic nous. You will be curious, high energy and be able to expertly balance risk and opportunity, whilst having an eagerness for growth.
You will be fun, flexible, and able to share ideas, opinions, and constructively challenge thinking at exec team level. You know what great looks like and are driven to achieve it, whilst building and nurturing warm supportive relationships right across the business.
We know that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve problems. We seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences.
We offer a supportive, high trust environment where you will have the room to get things done. Alongside a competitive salary, we offer excellent benefits, including flexible working, health checks, flu vacs, eye care subsidies, extra leave for your work anniversaries (from 3 years) and a raft of discounts at places like Macpac, Bivouac and more.
Take the first step in making a difference for the world. ‘Apply here’ today with your CV and cover letter.
Applications close 26th May 2022. Or if you would like to have a confidential discussion before applying, call me, Nicola from Enlighten Talent on 029 770 7936.
**You must be a NZ resident or citizen to apply**
89 total views, 7 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here