Full-Time Chief Financial Officer – part-time or full-time
ABOUT THE ROLE
Put your financial management skills to work in serving those in need in Aotearoa, either part-time or full-time.
Christians Against Poverty (CAP) partners with over 40 Churches of various denominations all across New Zealand, equipping them to reach their communities with free services including Debt Help, Job Clubs, Release Groups, Life Skills and CAP Money.
The Chief Financial Officer is a key role within CAP, overseeing the stewardship of over $4 million per year. As a part of our Senior Leadership Team, you will play a significant part in leading our strategic direction, as well as our unique CAP culture.
In addition to managing the organisation’s finances, the Finance team also oversees the accounts of debt help clients, ensuring that CAP is dealing with these funds responsibly.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prayerfully seek Gods leading in the financial decisions of CAP
• Plan, develop and ensure implementation and delivery of effective vision, strategy, structure and policy for the Finance Team in line with CAP’s Vision, Values and Strategic direction
• Report regularly to the Senior Leadership Team on the financial position of CAP
• Proactively provide visibility and insight into finances across all teams to support decision making
• Lead the wider office team to understand and take ownership of the financial aspects of their areas
• Manage CAP’s overall budget to ensure CAP is using financial resources responsibly and sustainably
• Ensure compliance with legal, tax, financial and accounting requirements on CAP
• Report to the Board on finances
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A strategic and analytical thinker with an attention to detail
• Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and a solution-focused approach
• Ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
• Able to write reports with accuracy and clarity for Senior Leadership and the Board
• At least 2 years’ experience managing the finances of a medium to large organisation, managing at least $3 million in annual turnover
• Experience with financial reporting to external donors
• Experience reporting and monitoring to tight deadlines
• Experience working at strategic level in an organisation
• Degree in accounting, business, finance or a related field
• A financial qualification such as CA, CPA or CIMA
• Help to design aspects of this role to work around you and your family
• Work flexible hours, up to 37.5 hours per week
• Be welcomed in as part of the family in a place where we believe passionately in what we do
• Lead and participate in a workplace that genuinely cares about its people
• Regularly hear about the impact of your work on the lives of hundreds of families throughout Aotearoa
• Be encouraged in your Christian faith, while being part of a team that is changing lives
How to Apply
If you would like to join us in our mission to:
Serve the Poor, Save the Lost, With the Church, Across the Nation
then please visit the CAP NZ website, at http://www.capnz.org/get-involved/get-involved-you/work-at-cap. There you will find a full Job Description for the role, and will be able to fill in a CAP Application Form to Apply. You can also contact [email protected] with any questions. Please submit your application no later than Close of Business on Wednesday 3 October to be considered for the role.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications that do not include a completed CAP Application Form will not be considered.
251 total views, 8 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here