Part-Time Chief Financial Officer (16 hours per week)
Playcentre has held a unique place in the New Zealand Early Childhood Education sector for more than 75 years. It operates as a parent co-operative, with more than 470 centres nationally. Playcentre philosophy is based on child-initiated play and recognises parents as the first and best educators of their own children.
We are seeking a senior financial manager to provide strategic financial advice, analysis and leadership to assist the formation of Te Whanau Tupu Ngatahi o Aotearoa – Playcentre Aotearoa, which is a new national body created from the amalgamation of 32 Associations. You will work closely with the newly appointed General Manager to ensure long term sustainability and growth for the organisation.
In this exciting new position, you will manage the financial and accounting changes required for the amalgamation and will develop, recommend and execute an overall financial strategy. You will also develop financial and accounting policies that will safeguard the organisation’s assets and financial resources and ensure an appropriate level of governance.
The successful candidate will have:
– Chartered Accountancy status and relevant tertiary qualification(s)
– Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing a team
– Extensive financial and strategic planning experience
– Experience managing financial systems
– A track record of developing improved financial performance
– Strong analysis and financial reporting skills
– Excellent communications skills and the ability to build effective relationships
– Knowledge and understanding of te ao Maori and/or experience working in a bicultural organisation/Te Tiriti based relationship
– Some understanding of Playcentre and values that align with Playcentre philosophy
This role will suit someone who wants to make a real difference within a long established NZ community organisation. You will have the flexibility of working from home and will contract up to 16 hours per week.
2684 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here