Full-Time Chief Executive Officer / Kaitiaki Matua
- Strategic and operational role; lead a small team
- Strong relationship management and stakeholder engagement focus
- Auckland preferred (office is in Mt Eden), other NZ locations considered
Ngā mihi kia koe e te rangatira, nau mai haere mai ki roto e te mahi pai o Changing Minds. Hei anēi!
Ko wai te whānau nei – Who are Changing Minds?
Changing Minds is a national not-for-profit organisation, working in the broad area of hauora services, human rights, and health policy. Our objective is to impact change to achieve equitable hauora for all tangata ā-wheako – people with personal experience of recovery from mental health and/or addiction. We do this through the following strategies:
- Whakaohoohotia | Inspire transformation and awareness of equitable hauora – wellbeing by putting people at the centre in communities, workplaces and systems
- Poipoia | Nurture te reo o te Whānau Mātau ā wheako, the voices of lived experience as individuals, whānau and communities by listening to and amplifying their voice.
- Whakahohetia | Activate whānau mātau ā wheako to embrace the mana of their lived experiences as a source of collective strength through information and resource provision, education and training and leadership development
We believe in upholding, protecting, and nurturing the mana and potential of all Tāngata Mātau, across Aotearoa. We are committed to ‘living’ our whanaungatanga – connection, identity, and purpose within te Tiriti o Waitangi for the hauora – wellbeing of all Aotearoa.
Te kōwhiringa – The opportunity
The incumbent Chief Executive is moving on after six years at the helm, having taken the organisation from strength to strength during her tenure. She leaves a fantastic foundation for you in which alongside you we continue moving forward.
The Chief Executive we are now seeking will be a strong, inclusive leader who brings a clear, strategic perspective, an innovative approach to organisational growth, and well-honed relationship management skills.
At a practical level, you will instigate, implement and monitor the strategic and annual business plans, assume responsibility and accountability for successful outcomes, oversee the optimal performance of a small team, and take a lead role in communications and stakeholder engagement.
This is a hands-on leadership opportunity requiring interaction and engagement at all levels; thus, strategy and operations will be crucial. This position could be suitable for either an experienced Chief Executive or senior leader with strong business management and organisational skills.
Changing Minds has a strong bicultural commitment to its work and kaupapa that values equity, diversity and inclusion. As such, a strong focus on te Ao Māori is valued as will an understanding of and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We also value diversity so having a focus on how you would contribute to this would be to your advantage.
As we are lived experience led, you’ll be someone with personal lived experience of mental distress and/or addiction and with your journey of recovery. We believe that being able to possess the confidence to use and tell your own story safely for the purposes of connection and education is also critical in our organisation and underpins our kaupapa.
The Changing Minds office is based in Mt Eden, and therefore an Auckland based candidate is preferred. However, the Board is open to considering applicants from other New Zealand locations on the proviso that they work from home and are prepared to travel as required.
- Proven ability of achieving organisational goals at an executive level
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategic direction as determined by the Board into successful operational initiatives
- Having a commitment and connection with mana whenua and other diverse communities
- A connector and collaborator with a track record of success in building and maintaining exceptional stakeholder relationships
- Experience in identifying and maximising funding opportunities
- Proven business acumen and financial literacy
- Demonstrated people management expertise
- Very highly developed written and oral communication skills
- A consultative and open style with a ‘no surprises’ approach
Changing Minds is part of the Health and Disability sector in New Zealand, and therefore all applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be able to provide a vaccine pass as evidence.
To find out more about Changing Minds, please visit their website https://www.changingminds.org.nz/
496 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here