Contract Chief Executive Officer
• Strategic and operational role; focus on growth and development
• 24-month fixed term contract; 32 hours per week
• Based in central Wellington
Age Concern Wellington are committed to promoting the rights, wellbeing and quality of life for older people in our region. Their vision is for our older people to be a thriving, respected and engaged part of our community.
Reporting to the Board Chair, the CEO will provide strategic leadership and overall management of the organisation’s operational activities with the support of a small team. Key priorities of the CEO are to raise awareness of the organisation; grow revenue through increased membership, funding opportunities and diversification of service offering; and to continue to build a strong volunteer base.
The incumbent CEO has made incredible strides in the last 12 months and is very sad to be leaving, but unfortunately she needs to relocate out of Wellington.
This is an exciting opportunity to make an important contribution to the ongoing success of the organisation through this key leadership role. It could be suitable for either an experienced or emerging senior leader, with strong general management capabilities.
The initial term of the CEO’s contract is 24 months with the possibility for it to be renewed, based on the assumption that the continued development and growth of Age Concern Wellington will ensure it’s a sustainable organisation.
• A successful track record of leadership within the not for profit or community sector
• Experience in fundraising and maximising funding opportunities
• A connector and collaborator with a track record of success in building and maintaining exceptional stakeholder relationships
• Ability to translate strategic direction as determined by the Board into successful operational initiatives
• Proven business acumen and financial literacy
• Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and working with media
• Forward thinking, with the ability to identify and capitalise upon opportunities
• Consultative and open style with a ‘no surprises’ approach
Applications close: 5.00pm Thursday 27 February 2020
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
E: [email protected]
How to Apply
371 total views, 13 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here