Full-Time Chief Executive Officer
Human Connections Group has partnered exclusively with Workplace Support, an independent employee assistance provider for the appointment of a new CEO based in Dunedin, responsible for the Southern Region.
Workplace Support is the trading name for Inter-church Trade & Industry Mission (ITIM) and is the only Not for Profit Employee Assistance Provider (EAP) in New Zealand. The Southern Region of the Organisation has twenty employees, who are based around Otago and Southland and over 200 specialists who operate nationwide on behalf of Workplace Support.
The specialists range from psychologists, to psychotherapists, counsellors, consultants, professional staff supports and coaches who provide a myriad of support to employees in over 180 organisations.
There are 8 key services that Workplace Support provide to clients;
• On-site Support
• Critical Incident Support
• Alcohol and other drug (AOD) brief intervention
• Management Coaching
• Professional Supervision
• Education and training
The current CEO has been with the organisation for nineteen years and has held the role of CEO for the last twelve and is moving onto a new opportunity, so we are looking for someone very special to take over the reins and join a small operation but one that has a wide reach and a huge impact on kiwi lives.
You will enjoy continuing to build this historical organisation whose roots came from industrial missionary work dating back to 1965. You will be adept at networking within the business community and you will have experience with or an understanding of the intricacies of working for a Not for Profit and have a genuine heart for missionary work.
As with any small business, it takes time and effort to make ends meet but the last financial year has been a success and the business is in a positive position and is sincerely supported by a Board who are committed to continuing to build on this success.
This role is truly “hands-on” and will be a real mixture of general management, operations management, financial management and business development/relationship building. You may currently be in a leadership role in either the public or private sector and looking for a step-up in your career or a change of environment.
You will have the flexibility to travel in and around the Southern region visiting clients and developing new relationships by signing up new members, thus experience within a membership environment would be advantageous.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Managing External Stakeholders (Local Business/Community Agencies/Government departments and member churches etc)
• Managing Internal Stakeholders (The Board, Supervisors/Chaplains/Admin and Counselling staff)
• Developing and working towards an agreed business strategy in order to grow
• Preparing and presenting to the Board forecasts and financial reporting
• Maintain healthy relationships with supporting organisations such as OSEA and the Chamber of Commerce and encourage client referrals and promotion of Workplace Support services
• Networking and Profiling with individuals and organisations to increase brand awareness
• Human Resources support to the business and an understanding of HR relating to both permanent employees and contractors, especially issues around remote workers and supervision
• Maintaining and improving systems relating to members required for internal and external reporting
• Ensuring that all staff and contractors adhere to organisational minimum standards and internal policies & procedures
• Report to the Board and liaise regularly with the chair of the Board regarding business matters
Skills & Experience Required
• Experience working within a Not for Profit or Membership organisation, public or private sector
• A broad skill base or knowledge of EAP and/or Human Resources practices and policies as well as workplace wellbeing.
• Extensive experience in building relationships within the commercial sector and the public sector from small businesses to large corporate organisations
• Excellent business acumen
• Excellent financial acumen
• An empathetic yet strong leader who is a good role model to a Christian mission
• Excellent computer literacy and reporting skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
• Experience in financial reporting and interpreting data
• Experience in managing and monitoring performance of a business and staff
• A high level of confidentiality and the ability to interpret often complex circumstances for clients
• A professional approach with a pastoral heart
To express an interest in this role or to apply please send your covering letter and resume to Emily Richards on [email protected] or call for a confidential conversation on 0279596847
How to Apply
Apply to Emily Richards on [email protected] with resume and cover letter
215 total views, 5 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here