Part-Time Support Staff, Senior Support Staff and Casual Support Staff
WOULD YOU LIKE A PART TIME OR CASUAL ROLE THAT OFFERS THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY?
Over 300 men accessed temporary housing with support at the Wellington Night Shelter in the last 12 months. We offer two styles of accommodation for men who are experiencing homelessness – crisis (cubicle) style accommodation for very short term stays and transitional accommodation for people needing assistance to find long term sustainable housing. We are open 365 days a year and we need casual staff to supplement our permanent team. Shifts include evening, overnight, and weekend work.
These roles are particularly suited to people with experience of working in the social care sector or people studying towards social work, mental health, addiction, care or other related qualifications. However, training is provided so these roles could also suit people with excellent communication, customer services and problem solving skills, such as those developed in the hospitality sector.
The successful candidates will:
– Be person centered
– Be passionate about making a difference in the lives of others
– Be non-judgmental
– Be able to work well under pressure and make sound decisions
– Be a team player
– Have good levels of numeracy
– Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
These are varied roles and tasks will include:
– Welcoming guests to the Night Shelter
– Providing a safe, stable environment for guests
– Building appropriate, supportive, professional relationships with guests, staff and our community
– Completing forms with guests to gather personal and support information
– Taking payments for rent from guests
– Assisting guests with a range of support needs
– Assessing and responding to crisis/risk
– Writing shift notes and client notes
– Guest laundry and some cleaning
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE, IF APPLYING AS A SENIOR SUPPORT WORKER YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
– Extensive experience developing individual support plans
– Experience working with people from socially diverse backgrounds
– Experience working in homelessness, mental health, addiction or
– Relevant qualification (desirable)
For more information about the Wellington Night Shelter – go to our website or look us up on Facebook.
3640 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here