Full-Time Campus Services Team Leader
• Leadership position; strategic, operational and project focus
• Collegial and supportive culture
• Based at Booth College of Mission in Upper Hutt
The Salvation Army is a world-wide evangelical Christian church and human service provider that assists over 140,000 New Zealanders every year through a wide range of community services, such as food banks, family stores, early childhood centres, hostels, addiction treatment centres, employment training services, homecare services and a hospice.
Based in Upper Hutt, Booth College of Mission (BCM) is registered with the Ministry of Education as a Private Training Establishment providing quality tertiary level education and training for The Salvation Army.
Leading a team of three, the Campus Services Team Leader is responsible for the oversight of all BCM property (which comprises an office building and training and conference facility, 30 houses and an early childhood centre) and vehicles; acting as the health and safety representative and overseeing human resources; ensuring the BCM IT infrastructure is operating effectively and liaising with the head office IT team as required; and providing support for short courses and conferences, including booking on-site accommodation and meal provision through the BCM kitchen.
This senior position is crucial to the efficiency, presentation and atmosphere of the college and represents an amazing opportunity to work for an organisation that supports some of the most vulnerable people in New Zealand. The culture at Booth College is collaborative and cohesive with a strong sense of team, and we are looking for a likeminded individual to join them.
• Property management experience
• A commonsensical approach to health and safety, ideally with a knowledge of current legislation and best practice
• Skills in financial management
• A collaborative approach with exceptional relationship management skills
• Team player
• Excellent written and oral communications
• High level of initiative with effective planning, project co-ordination and organisational abilities
• Demonstrated ability in the Microsoft suite
• Understanding and empathy towards the mission and values of the Salvation Army
• Full New Zealand drivers licence
How to Apply
Applications close: 5.00pm Wednesday 22 August 2018
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
192 total views, 5 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here