Part-Time Business Development Officer
Volunteer Service Abroad (VSA) sends skilled Kiwis to the Pacific and beyond to share their experience and knowledge directly with local people and communities. Working together with our regional neighbours, our volunteers create new opportunities for people that will continue to ripple across communities for generations to come.
Business Development Officer
Part-time (30 hours), permanent
We’re looking for someone with great relationship-building, communication and research skills to help manage and grow our partnerships.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Business Development Officer supports the development and maintenance of VSA’s high quality partnerships with New Zealand and international business, multilateral and NGO partners. In this role, you’ll identify and research potential domestic and international partners who may provide volunteers or assignments, and you will ensure that the team’s work is integrated with other VSA teams.
Working in our friendly Wellington office, you’ll see how our volunteers make a positive difference every day, and how your work contributes to positive development outcomes.
Our ideal candidate will be comfortable working with business and NGO counterparts and have the following skills:
• A positive, collaborative approach to relationship building
• Well-developed and confident presentation and communication skills – written, oral and listening
• An understanding of business development drivers and processes, relationship management and proposal development skills
• Proven research skills including the ability to identify new business opportunities, undertake market research, and also research potential partners
• Good administrative skills including a high level of accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail
• Cultural sensitivity and the ability to constructively engage in a diverse ethnic environment.
423 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here