Voluntary Board Member
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
1. Experience of governance in New Zealand or overseas. Ideally you are a leader within your field.
2. An understanding of the Islamic faith, and the Muslim world, or alternatively a desire to learn.
3. You come with a can-do attitude, are proactive, and comfortable with geopolitics and the ability to create dialogue and solutions to address global issues of our time.
4. You are passionate about the vision of the organization to grow leadership capability amongst Muslim women from all walks of life.
1. As a board member you commit to knowing the organization’s mission, needs, policies,
and products. You are comfortable to ask for what you need to understand the
organization and it’s direction.
2. You commit to reading all governance papers prior to the meetings, and to understand
and work with the financial statements.
3. Monitor and steer the direction of the organization’s strategic plan
4. Have a strong understanding of law and regulation for charities.
5. Disclose potential conflicts prior to meetings and actual conflicts during meetings.
6. Maintain confidentiality about all internal matter of Khadija Leadership Network.
7. Serve as an active ambassador for the organization, fully engaging in the board
meetings, and identifying financial resources and partnerships to advance the
8. Support the organization’s fundraising efforts, and reputational standing to influence
policy as required.
9. Participate in one or more committees.
350 total views, 4 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here