Board position Board Member
Bellyful New Zealand (Bellyful) is a national, not for profit organization, that exists to provide meals for families with newborn babies and families struggling with illness.
Bellyful is about more than just providing food and practical support. It is about providing emotional support and building direct community connections.
We work with over 600 volunteers, located in 23 branches around New Zealand, servicing approximately 3,800 families annually.
We have developed strong branding across the organisation and are fortunate to have a high-profile Bellyful Ambassador – television personality Pippa Wetzell.
There is currently a strong focus on funding allowing us to grow and strengthen the organisation.
Some of the key milestones and achievements over the past 5 years include:
• In 2013, Bellyful was New Zealand’s fastest growing charity.
• In 2015, we were honoured by a royal visit by Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
• In 2016, we recruited our first paid part-time Chief Executive.
• In 2016, we were semi-finalists for the Community of the Year award
• In 2018 again, we were nominated for the Community of the Year award
• In 2019, we won New Zealand Charity Reporting Awards for tier 3 reporting for our 2018/19 Report.
Bellyful is celebrating it’s 10th anniversary this year, and is in a stage of consolidation and growth. We plan to build our capacity for future expansion of branches around the country and aim to provide Bellyful’s unique brand of support and connection to every kiwi family that needs us.
That is why we are now looking for passionate, experienced board members to help strengthen our current team and contribute to delivering the organisation into its next phase of growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to help transition this fantastic community volunteer driven charity into a sustainable, mature organisation, that can continue to help kiwi families for many years to come.
Ideal applicant description
We are seeking expressions of interest from NGO or private sector non-executive Directors/Trustees who can bring a range of skills and experience including:
• Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of Board governance: finance, governance structure and practice, policy, sponsorship fundraising, programs, personnel, legal requirements, strategic thinking and advocacy
• Ability to gift approximately 10 to 12 hours a month in the first six months, though this will decrease over time.
• Excellent networks and a desire to build and extend our relationships with partner organisations
• Understanding of, and affinity and commitment to, the mission and objectives of Bellyful.
Over a year we meet every 6 weeks in the following format:
• 4 evening Skype calls (approx. 2 hours)
• 5 face-to-face, all day meetings on a Saturday in either Auckland Christchurch or Wellington and 1 x weekend focused on strategy.
• Every two years there is a weekend long conference
Organisation name: Bellyful New Zealand
Organisation’s website: http://bellyful.org.nz
Organisation type: Charitable Trust CC46995
Industry: Community / Social / Family support
Duration of appointment: 3 years
Time commitment: 10 – 12 hours / month, plus board meetings
Application closing date: Initial round – 15th of July 2019
823 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here