Part-Time Aro Valley Community Developer (Fixed term with possibility of extension)
Aro Valley is a vibrant inner city community of 3,500 people. We’re looking for a person with experience and aptitude in developing and running community events and community programmes, building relationships and fostering community cohesion. You’ll need to be able to manage your own time and work well in a small team.
This community development role is based in the Aro Valley Community Centre office, alongside and with support from the Community Administrator.
The ideal candidate will:
1. Demonstrated ability to self-manage and work with competing priorities, strong time management skills;
2. Aptitude for, and familiarity with, working in a community setting, especially with volunteer employers and volunteers;
3. Demonstrated experience with, and affinity for, community development work;
4. Demonstrated experience in project management, including budgeting, reviewing and reporting outcomes;
5. Demonstrated experience with, and affinity for, event organisation;
6. Experience in recruiting and managing temporary event staff and volunteers;
7. Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
8. Ability to work effectively to their strengths as part of a small team;
9. Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships;
10. Ability to relate effectively with a diverse range of people;
11. Proficiency in standard office software (MS Word and MS Excel);
12. An understanding of the importance of keeping financial records to a standard suitable for reporting to external funding agencies;
13. An active commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi.
14. An active commitment to Health and Safety for self and all other users of the Community Centre.
This is a 12 month fixed-term, part-time role – 20 hours per week, over 4 or 5 days.
The salary is $47,840 – $52,000 pro rata for hours.
The job description sets out the core requirements of this role. If you have any queries, please email Tahiti at [email protected] (due to part-time hours please allow at least 24 hours for a reply).
If you have problems with the download you can email [email protected] for a JD, allowing at least 48 hours for a reply.
How to Apply
Please apply by email to [email protected] by 5pm on the 23 July 2019.
You’ll need to attach your CV and a letter setting out why you’d be great in this role, focusing on the key tasks and skills required for the role as set out in the job description. You also need to provide at least two recent referees.
1382 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here