Full-Time Area Manager – Southern
* An experienced manager with a proven track record
* Help improve your community and make NZ a better place to live
* Otago-Southland leadership role: Dunedin based
Victim Support helps victims of crime and trauma that require safety, healing, justice and restitution. The area manager’s prime purpose is to lead and manage the delivery of high quality and consistent service delivery to victims of crime and trauma within the allocated area.
The area manager will ensure that services to victims/survivors are of a high quality, provide guidance and development for employees/ volunteers and build a highly capable and collaborative team. The role is responsible for ensuring Victim Support have the right people, adequate resources and robust stakeholder relationships.
To be successful in this position you will be confident in:
* Building and developing strong relationships.
* Motivating and developing your team and their capacity.
* Having the ability to be strategic and pro-active.
* Help set clear goals and targets and help your team to achieve them.
* Maintaining a good understanding of compliance requirements.
* Working in a changing and challenging environment.
* Ensuring quality standards are met.
* Implementing change.
* Working with volunteers.
This position looks after the Otago-Southland regions and will preferably be based in Dunedin, although other centres may be considered. The role will require some regional travel. The area manager manages a small team and has responsibility for approximately 100 volunteers through that team. The role will require the successful applicant to sometimes operate outside of normal hours.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in leadership and people management and the ability to work well with diverse groups. We are seeking an effective communicator who can motivate their team and develop their capacity. This manager will set priorities, plan ahead and meet goals and deadlines, reporting directly to their general manager.
Five plus years’ experience in managing service delivery would be beneficial and a qualification in justice / social care would be an advantage.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday, 21 November 2018.
577 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here