Full-Time Area Family Store Manager
- Strong leadership and relationship focus
- Responsible for five stores across the Hutt Valley and Kaiwharawhara
- Enjoy plenty of variety while giving back to the community
The Salvation Army is a registered Christian charity, committed to caring for people, transforming lives and reforming society. They have a network of Family Stores throughout New Zealand, the purpose of which is to generate income to assist in achieving the mission of The Salvation Army and to connect people to Salvation Army Services.
Reporting to the Family Store Leadership Team, the Area Family Store Manager is responsible for the effective management and leadership of five of The Salvation Army’s stores across the Hutt Valley and Kaiwharawhara, with stores located in Petone, Hutt City, Upper Hutt, Wainuiomata and Kaiwharawhara.
This is achieved through the provision of support, advice and guidance to the Team Leader/Manager in each store, ensuring they have the necessary support to meet budget expectations and growth plans, that their stores are operated in line with Family store strategy, policies and procedures, and that all stores provide a safe environment for all customers, donors and workers reflecting The Salvation Army’s Christian values.
This is a fantastic leadership role offering variety, extensive people interaction and the opportunity to find meaning and purpose in what you do, because it makes a positive difference in people’s lives.
- Experience leading a successful team, preferably in a multi-site environment
- Able to motivate and direct a team to achieve goals, with the energy, passion and competencies to turn vision into reality
- A collaborative approach with the ability to get alongside and support staff
- Ability to lead HR discussions and processes with support
- Highly developed relationship building capabilities at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with accurate and timely reporting capabilities
- A business focused attitude, with the ability to prioritise outcomes for the best sustainable financial return
- A commitment to quality and outstanding donor and customer service
- An ethical approach to working in a respectful, honest and transparent way to build trust across the family stores, upholding the values of The Salvation Army
- Confident with basic office and retail technology
- A full New Zealand driver’s licence is essential
- A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
Applications close: 5.00pm Wednesday 22 June 2022
Applications to: Nikki Walshaw via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
View the position description by copying this link into your browser:
262 total views, 8 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here