Full-Time AOD Counsellor – Addiction Services: Drug & Alcohol
ALCOHOL & OTHER DRUGS COUNSELLOR
About Higher Ground
Higher Ground Drug Rehabilitation Trust provides quality abstinence-based treatment within a therapeutic community for clients who are severely dependent on alcohol and other drugs. Our primary focus is an 18-week residential programme that is based on the 12 Step recovery principles.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a permanent full time (40 hours) Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Counsellor to work five days a week, Monday to Friday. In this role you will be working with individuals who want to overcome severe dependency to alcohol and other drugs. Higher Ground’s programme aims to assist and improve the individual’s social and psychological well-being and to maintain abstinence from alcohol and other drugs.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who is passionate about working in this industry, who has a positive attitude, and is able to work as part of a team. Ideally you will understand the 12 step facilitation and evidential based therapies. Critical to this role is your ability to understand the range of clients and their individual needs. You will be confident in demonstrating a wide range of approaches that facilitate all of our client’s individual needs while in rehabilitation.
Previous experience working with clients who have severe addiction issues is preferred and those with experience facilitating groups and family group counselling is also preferred. Basic computer applications for the execution of daily case notes and projects is a must.
• Competitive starting salary rewarded
• an annual $1500 Training Allowance to help develop your skills and improve your professional knowledge
• 10 days sick leave after 6 months of employment
• External and Internal Supervision
What you will need:
• A level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Mental Health, Alcohol & Drug Studies, Psychotherapy, Psychology, Counselling, Social work etc.
• Registration with a professional body e.g. DAPAANZ or other HPCA registration, however we are willing to take on the right person who is in the process of obtaining registration
Candidates with a personal history of alcohol and other drug dependence are required to have a minimum of two years continuous abstinence.
For a more detailed description about this role, please download the Position Description on our website: www.higherground.org.nz.
521 total views, 5 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here