Full-Time Advisor, Health Safety and Wellbeing (HSW), Collection Operations
Kaitohutohu – Hauora, Haumaru Me te Oranga Mahi Kohinga | Advisor – Health Safety and Wellbeing Collection Operations
Auckland based (preferred location, but will consider outside of Auckland)
What an exciting time to join Stats NZ in a fast paced, people oriented and dynamic role!
- Work with teams spread across New Zealand
- Bring your health safety and wellbeing experience and expertise to this exciting role
- Be part of an organisation with a strong reputation where the People and Culture is our number one focus
Mōu | For you
Taturanga Aotearoa Stats NZ are dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, health and wellbeing. We welcome every gender, ethnicity, ability, religion, age and background and encourage people to be their authentic selves.
Starting salary: $ 79,490 – $ 84,564 + superannuation
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
- Develop and grow your career (coaching, training, study support, secondments)
- Contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference to all people in Aotearoa
- 3 extra annual leave days (taken during Christmas office closure), see careers site for other benefits and networks
Te tūnga | The role
Ideally based in our Auckland office (but will consider other locations) and with occasional national travel. You will be reporting to the Production Assurance and supporting the Health, Safety and Wellbeing team in creating a positive health & wellbeing culture across Stats NZ, but specifically focused on our Operational Teams. Your primary goals will be
- To research, design, implement, monitor, and evaluate the Health and Safety of Stats NZ remote operational work force
- To work closely with the rest of the Production Assurance and Collection Operations Teams, as well as our People & Culture team to embed these programs and plans. There may also be a need to deliver training and provide advice when and where appropriate.
Nōu te rourou | What you bring
We encourage and consider transferable skills and experience gained from outside of work e.g., cultural, community work, sports, volunteering, or a comparable role in a different sector or industry.
We want to see the following in your cover letter and CV any information relating to:
- Why Tatauranga Aotearoa – Stats NZ is the place for you, why us, and why Government?
- A relevant Health, Safety and Wellbeing qualification, and/or 2+ years practical and relevant industry expertise and experience
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of applied best practices of health and wellbeing
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have experience presenting complex information to a range of audiences
- Have excellent collaboration skills with an ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Resilient and flexible, you thrive in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and experience, or desire to learn and build knowledge and experience of TeTiriti, Tikanga, TeReo and TeAo Māori, and engagement with Māori.
Ko mātou |About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa – Stats NZ is a Central Government employer of around 1400 people across Aotearoa. We provide data and statistical outputs to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. Our work is About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa – data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
We encourage you to be you in your application! We are truly committed to diversity, inclusion and lifting our cultural capability. You don’t need to be knowledgeable in these areas, but you do need to be on board with learning. And please let us know in your application if we need to make any specific accommodations during our process.
Please reach out to us with any questions at [email protected].
Note: We will be screening applications as we receive them to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes (depending on application numbers this date may change). You may be asked to complete a pre-interview screen via phone or video.
Check out our careers site to find out more about working at Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, do not contact the Hiring Manager directly, instead reach out to [email protected]
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand, and have a valid vaccine pass to apply for this job. Pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
204 total views, 3 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here