Voluntary Administrator – Volunteer Position
The Peace Foundation is looking for a lovely admin volunteer to join our very special team! We would like for you to become an integral member of our office and shine like the admin superstar that you are. Our team is filled with fun-loving, hard-working and creative individuals that have a passion for implementing educational school, as well as family programmes that spread peace throughout Aotearoa.
Days: 2 days out of Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday (depending on your availability) 11:00 am – 4.00 pm. Start – late January or early February 2020.
Where: The Peace Foundation Office located on Level 2 of the Wellsley Building – 79 Pitt Street, Auckland CBD.
You’ll be involved in standard admin and operations (photocopying, creating & posting packs for our Peer Mediation Programme, fulfilling orders from on-line shop purchases, and gathering staff’s contributions to prepare our monthly newsletter). If interested, you can also help our team with marketing, social media posts, fundraising, trainings & conferences.
Our ideal candidate:
– reliable & punctual
– can commit to a minimum of 3 months with us
– an organized individual with the desire to learn (previous admin experience preferred but not essential)
– regularly uses initiative and happily works independently
– passionate about the community, the not-for-profit sector
– have a clean a criminal record check (the appropriate police vetting paperwork will be submitted by our organization to comply with workplace safety standards)
– a positive, easy-going individual who’s excited to be part of our team!
More about the Peace Foundation: “Conflict is a part of everyday life; it’s how you deal with it that makes the difference.”
Peer Mediation – Programme aims:
* To raise awareness of conflict and conflict responses
* To develop empathy so that individuals listen to each other with understanding
* To teach life long conflict management skills
* To develop leadership in giving service to others through peer mediation
* To empower individuals in making positive choices for building successful relationships
* To grow respectful, global citizens who value diversity and human rights
OUR VISION: Peaceful local, national and global communities.
OUR MISSION: To build peaceful relationships among people of all ages and cultures – from personal to global – through education, research and action.
OUR VALUES: In pursuing this mission we are committed to honour Te Tiriti O Waitangi, human rights and the peaceful resolution of conflict and to modelling peace-making values within the Foundation and beyond.
284 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here