Voluntary Accounts Leader
The Aotearoa Youth Leadership Institute (AYLI) is a charity committed to training and inspiring a new generation of New Zealand leaders. Through our International Programme, since 2013 we’ve sent over 100 young Kiwis to awesome international conferences to build their leadership skills, to network, and to gain a greater understanding of how our world works. These delegates have come home to be incredible leaders in their communities, championing social and environmental projects and sharing the knowledge they’ve gained.
It’s an exciting time for AYLI. In the past two years, we’ve doubled the scale of our International Programme – and it’s continuing to grow. We’re after awesome and talented people who are dynamic, down-to-earth, and passionate about our vision to join our team. Could this be you?
About the role
Our Accounts Leader will work with our Executive Director to ensure our finances are well managed, and to provide high quality financial reporting for our Board of Trustees. This role addresses all levels of financial management – from processing banking payments right through to providing advice about our financial position to our Executive and Governance teams.
We think you might might be an accounting student looking for a rewarding volunteer role while you study, or a young professional in the finance sector keen to give back to a charity.
What’s in it for you?
– The opportunity to manage the finances of a young charity with over $150k turnover
– The ability to work with highly motivated and talented young leaders
– The chance to contribute to an organisation making tangible positive change in young Kiwis’ lives!
We get excited about ideas that work toward:
– Redefining leadership as a skill area everyone can embrace and develop, rather than as something only for those few that our society names as ‘leaders’
– Encouraging young people to think critically about the world and their values, and how those values interact with their identity and their plans for their futures
– Creating trajectory changing experiences that have the potential to drastically impact young people’s future contribution to our world and to New Zealand.
481 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job
Show some love and please mention you saw this job on Do Good Jobs in your application. Want to find out about more jobs like this? Sign up for the Do Good Jobs weekly newsletter here