Part-Time CEO Asylum Seeker Support Trust
Chief Executive Officer
Incorporated in 1989 the Asylum Seeker Support Trust (ASST) is the key charitable organisation in Auckland supporting those who have come to New Zealand seeking to have their refugee status determined. The ASST provides critical emergency accommodation, support and advocacy for asylum seekers and is proud to be a longstanding and reputable organisation in the community sector. Formerly known as the Auckland Refugee Council, the ASST is subject to sound Board governance and demonstrates effective, client-focused operations.
After more than five years of excellent stewardship our current Chief Executive Officer is stepping down creating an opportunity for a new individual to lead the organisation going forward. We are seeking a leader who has the experience, tenacity and influencing skills to successfully navigate the key challenges and opportunities we face – notably sustainability, effective advocacy and community engagement.
To be considered for this role you need:
• Experience working as a manager in the not-for-profit sector with both operational and advocacy responsibilities
• Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and influence widely – across government, community sector and private organisations
• Financial management skills – ability to manage small budgets and funding applications
• Passion and enthusiasm for improving outcomes for our clients
What the role offers you:
• The chance to make a positive difference to the lives of those who have arrived in New Zealand seeking safety and a peaceful life
• Work variety – the role spans, strategic, operational and communications responsibilities
• Leadership of a small team of employees and volunteers
• Flexible 30 hour a week contract
• Central Grey Lynn office location
• Engaged and supportive Board
• On-going professional development
How to Apply
To apply for this role please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday Friday 2nd June 2017. Interviews for shortlisted applicants will be held on Friday June 9 and Saturday June 10 2017.
706 total views, 1 today